International UsersIf you are a Non-U.S. User, you: (i) understand and consent to the collection, maintenance, and processing of such personal information in and to the United States; (ii) acknowledge that such personal information will be stored on servers located outside your country or other local jurisdiction; and (iii) consent to the transfer of such personal information outside of your country or other local jurisdiction. If you do not consent to such transfer, you may not use this Site. U.S. LAW MAY NOT PROVIDE THE DEGREE OF PROTECTION FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT IS AVAILABLE IN YOUR COUNTRY OR LOCAL JURISDICTION.
Last UpdateOur policy was last updated on April 19, 2017.
What Information Does Cleve Crosby Collect?Cleve Crosby collects data that you voluntarily provide on the Site through our contact form, the use of our "measure and install", "to the trade" or similar features, when you registration for an account, request a catalog, or check order status, or that you otherwise provide through phone, e-mail, website-based, chat, mail and fax interactions that you submit to us or provide to our sales associates through or in connection with the Site. Cleve Crosby Site may collect and store two types of information: "personal information" and "automatic information."
- "Personal information" is personally identifiable information about you including, but not limited to, your name, company name, gender, billing address, shipping address, email address, telephone number, credit card information (however we do not store any such credit card information), date of birth or age, any designs or photographs you save or upload on the Site, any personal preferences you choose to provide, transaction details such as style, material, size, price, discount, date, company name, an assigned password to protect your privacy, and, with respect to trade accounts, your company website, and tax exemption certificate, among other things.
- "Automatic information" is information that we may collect automatically when you interact with this Site, such as your IP address, the type of computer you use, and the web browser you use. Automatic information also includes "cookies" and "web beacons." A "cookie" is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. Among other things, cookies provide a means for us to keep track of your online patterns and preferences. By understanding which areas of the Site you visit, cookies allow us to present information, products and services that are of personal interest. A cookie will not allow us to learn any personal information (such as your real name and address) that you have not otherwise disclosed. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can change your browser so that it will not automatically accept cookies. However, if you do so, it is possible that some portions of the Site may not function as intended. "Web beacons", also known as clear GIFs or single-pixel GIFs, are small image files that we may place on web pages within this Site and within web-based email newsletters that we send. Working in conjunction with cookies, web beacons allow us to accurately count the number of unique users who have visited a specific web page and the number of times those web pages are displayed. We can also use web beacons to let us know how many people opened a web-based email newsletter.
- We may associate automatic information with your personal information. In the event of such association, such automatic information will be considered personal information.
How Does Cleve Crosby Use This Information?Cleve Crosby uses this information to provide information on the products and services you are interested in, to provide order quotes, to provide information on the products and services that you have ordered or requested, to confirm, process and ship sales transactions, to send order and shipping confirmations, to provide order status information, to contact you with questions or communications about your order, to respond to your customer service inquiries, or to communicate with, and enlist installers, affiliate program participants, and other third parties to provide services in connection with the Site.
- Cleve Crosby also uses this information to enhance and personalize your shopping experience, to communicate with you for marketing and promotional purposes (including sending you a catalog, samples, targeted postal pieces, newsletters, or emails); to gauge the effectiveness of such promotional communications; to administer, analyze, and improve the effectiveness of our Site; to document our business activities (including vis a vis installers); and for archival and record retention purposes.
- We do not want to receive confidential or proprietary information or trade secrets through this Site. Except as otherwise expressly provided herein or by Cleve Crosby, any such information, materials, suggestions, ideas or comments sent to us will be deemed non-confidential, and by submitting it, you are granting us an irrevocable and unrestricted license to use, modify, reproduce, transmit, display and distribute it for any purpose whatsoever, with no payment or other compensation to you.
Does Cleve Crosby Disclose Your Information to Others?Except as described below, Cleve Crosby does not sell, share, rent or trade with third parties any personal information you provide to us through or in connection with the Site, however, we may share your personal information with our subsidiaries and/or affiliates.